- This event has passed.
(Virtual) Teen Summer Reading Kickoff
June 17, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
Grades 6 and Up
“Imagine Your Story”
This will mark our 15th year of a Teen Summer Reading Challenge. We usually end the summer reading program in August with an ice cream sundae party. This time around we’ll kickoff summer reading by making your own ice cream and talk about summer reading sign up and rules!
This seminar will be presented via Zoom. Please register by sending an email to email@example.com. A Zoom invite with the meeting link will be emailed to registrants.
Make Your Own Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1.5 to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 cups ice, crushed or cubed
- 1/3 cup kosher or coarse salt
- 1 quart-sized plastic Ziploc bag
- 1 gallon-sized plastic Ziploc freezer bag