Due to COVID-19, we here at Lewisboro Library have had to drastically shift and alter the way we do things, and that includes our annual Summer Reading Game. Using the program READsquared, we’ve developed a Summer Reading Game that’s done entirely online. There have been a lot of growing pains in making this come together, and no doubt there’s going to be quite a few more, but never hesitate to reach out. Email any and all questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHILDREN’S SUMMER READING
June 29 – September 8
How it works:
- Register for Summer Reading by going to http://lewisborolibraryny12.readsquared.com
- Create a Username & Password
- Register for the program that matches your Age and Grade Level.
- Depending on what program you’re doing you’ll log your reading differently.
Imagine Your Story for Preschoolers
Why should big kids get to have all the fun?! This simplified version of our usual Summer Reading program is designed specifically for our littlest patrons, ensuring that they grow up with a love of reading, and establishes reading as an essential family activity. Preschoolers will earn 100 points for every book read (this includes books being read to them), and prizes every 500 points (that’s every 5 books)!
Imagine Your Story: Grades K-2
Earn points by reading books and completing missions! Get a prize every 500 points! And enter into our Bingo Game to win this year’s Grand Prize: $50 to Books on the Common!
For Grades 3-5 you’ll log minutes. Each minute equals 1 point, so an hour of reading is 60 points. You’ll win a prize for every 4 hours of reading completed (that’s 240 points!).
- Our Preschoolers will simply be logging books. No bells or whistles, but each child who signs up will automatically be in the running for our weekly T-Shirt Raffle.
- Speaking of the T-Shirt Raffle, we’re making it a little, teeny tiny bit more difficult for our Elementary School Kids! In order to be enrolled in the T-Shirt raffle this summer, you have to complete at least one Mission. The Missions and their descriptions can be found at our READsquared page once you register!
- Children in Elementary School will also have the opportunity to participate in a Bingo Board to be entered to win the Grand Prize of a $50 gift certificate to Books on Common in Ridgefield CT. The Bingo Board can be found at our READsquared page once you register!
Watch a short film about the Summer Reading Program for children!
See the Summer Reading Kick-off flyer and save the date for June 29th!
Here are the awesome prizes!
Whew! Can’t wait to see you on June 29th!