Two Positions Available (see below)
Children’s Librarian – Full-time Position
The Lewisboro Library is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Children’s Librarian to join
the team in our beautiful children’s room. The applicant should be a creative, energetic, and
tech-savvy person with a positive attitude. This librarian is responsible for planning and
developing a variety of children’s programs; collection development for print and e-content;
reference; community outreach with various local organizations and reader’s advisory service
for kids and their families. Knowledge of children’s and young adult literature required.
A Master’s Degree in Library Science is required. An undergraduate degree in education or a
related field is preferred. A minimum of one year’s experience working in library children’s
services required. Proficiency with current technology and social media is essential.
Salary commensurate with experience. 35 hours per week. Benefits include health insurance,
403B retirement plan and vacation.
The Lewisboro Library is located in northern Westchester County and is a member of the
Westchester Library System. The library serves a community of approximately 12,000 people.
Email resume to library director Cynthia Rubino at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
15 Main Street
PO Box 477
South Salem, NY 10590
Part-time Reference Librarian
The Lewisboro Library is seeking an enthusiastic, technology-savvy part-time
reference librarian to join our team in South Salem, New York.
- Provides excellent customer service for reference and reader’s advisory.
- Assists library patrons with using public computers, software
applications, online resources and digital content services including
training one-on-one and small groups.
- Assists with collection development and cataloging of adult collection.
- Assists with creating and running library programs.
- Master’s in Library Science and New York State Public Librarian’s
certificate. MLS students nearing completion of degree may apply.
- Knowledge of Evergreen ILS, Microsoft software, library digital content
apps and services.
- Enthusiasm for working with the public in a library dedicated to its
mission as the heart of the community.
- Ability to collaborate well with a team as well as work independently.
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellent customer service.
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 depending on experience.
Schedule: Thursdays, plus two Fridays and weekends per month.
More substitute hours may be available.
Please send resume to: Cindy Rubino, Library Director
P.O. Box 477
15 Main Street
South Salem, New York 10590